Saturday, June 11, 2011

Freshman Year

Yus, two posts in one day. I'm SO productive.

I guess that since my Freshman year is officially over now (that means I have to start calling myself a Sophomore now... that feels so awkward) I should put down some of my best memories from this year... to be honest, there aren't that many.
   

  • The awards ceremony on the last day of Orchestra. I won three of them... "Funniest Person" (how on earth did that happen?) "Best Artist" and "Most likely to succeed" (that made me laugh). Also, one of the girls got "Best Country Accent". As she stormed up to get her award, she yelled "I DON'T HAVE AN ACCENT!!" in a slightly obvious southern twang. 
  • My CSO trip. Good Italian food, making an idiot of myself in Millennium Park, failing with a friend of mine in some grass, good music, and returning home with a good excuse to not do my English homework.
  • Homecoming game. I was sitting with my friends in some grass, and this dude walks over and puts his arm around me. I glare at him and say "dude, I've never seen you before in my life." and he walks away with a lobster red face. We were giggling about it for the remainder of the game. I also told them some horror stories... we left before the game actually ended, because we were getting our asses kicked. Hard. 
  •  Holiday party 2B before Winter Break. I got a sugar high in public. If you haven't seen me with a sugar high, be thankful that you haven't.
  • NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). You basically try to write a 50k word story in a month. I didn't make it, but my friend Hillary and I went to some write-ins at Borders and it was amazing. 
  • Surprisingly, my birthday. My birthdays usually suck and I always end up with a nasty cold. That day wasn't an exception... the cold part, anyway. I couldn't go two minutes without having to wipe off the snot that was pouring from my nose like a faucet. My mom wanted to take me to this new restaurant, but we couldn't find it. So, we showed up at Olive Garden severely under dressed. The food was great. Then we went to a small concert at Harper collage. Two classical guitarists were playing and they were so fun to listen to. I returned home with a 101 fever and my speech was barely legible behind the snot and sore throat.  
  •  Poetry Slam. Some of the kids at my school are amazingly talented... listening to their poems was very enjoyable. 

Yeah, that's it... Freshman year wasn't so bad. It was better than 8th grade at least... and that was arguably the worst year of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment