Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Acheans are coming, the Acheans are coming!!!

I'm procrastinating... I have an English test to study for and a World History project to start, but I find them both boring. I'm not sure if I've rambled about this yet, but we just got done reading The Odyssey in English. It's a great story, honestly, but the way it's written makes it seem so freakin BORNING. Ughhh. The epic poem has been reduced to a mass of words that barely make any sense, and the teachers expect us to understand it all when we fall asleep just after reading two pages.

I miss To Kill A Mockingbird and Twelve Angry Men. Those were amazing. Romeo and Juliet made me want to cry, because I already knew how the story went. Lord of the Flies... worst story ever. It was the exact opposite of The Odyssey, written beautifully, but the story itself was terrible. I appreciated the symbolism and the depth to the story, but I didn't really agree with the author's view points that much. Yes, human beings are evil, but not naturally so. We're only like that because we give fear a place of power within our minds, which is the root of evil... At least, that's how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment