Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goodbye, meat

I'm re-reading the Eragon series. I don't know why, but the scene in Eldest when Arya tells Eragon the story about how that one elf sang herself into her favorite tree, after she kills her lover, always makes me sad... I wish I could do something like that... do something incredibly terrible and then make myself into something so pure and selfless. I wish I could sing, too.

I'm steadily losing weight, which makes me happy. I'm in no hurry to drop the extra pounds, so all I've really been doing is purging my diet of all the nasty, fatty things, taking long walks and occasionally doing yoga. This is my first attempt at cutting poultry out of my diet. Surprisingly, I don't miss it much. The only meat I really miss is pork... Beef? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment